Welcome to Core Games Network: Dekaron Community
xRubyx

1 week Review!

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Today is my 6th day playing A9 but since i was writing a few reviews for work i decided to make my 1 Week Review of A9 as well.

First of all let me start off by appreciating the efforts of @Core-Master @DEV-Samurai @Head-GM-Waffle @GM-Inori @GM-LightSide and the entire staff team that has worked on A9. Guys for all our QQing and crying and complaining Most of us still love Core and despite our differences in thoughts/opinions we only wish for an enthusiastic and fun-filled future ahead so keep up your efforts and Hard-work.

Now lets get down to business! 

First of all i like the new A9 let me be clear on that! The idea behind this type of content is good the execution well its still on testing stages so i would not like to pass on a verdict yet but it could be made better.

Now lets start after you make a new character! The core beginner package is solid along with the early levelling rewards. We have an awesome early game levelling guide by @Delir1c. if your a new player you should definitely head to the guide section and check it out.

Levelling

-> Now that we have made our char its time to look at the levelling function. 

- 1-131 is a breeze no issues whatsoever easy peazy.

- 131-200 i found some issues. 

Issue - 

The problem with 131-200 is the mobs become tougher but your still a little weaker also there is not a high influx of new players so Dead front until 201-230 is quite empty and difficult to find parties for. Apart from that sacred claw and a few other 160-170 maps are occupied by high level players(200+) who farm dil and their parties are mostly full along with Pk and the mos are too strong for a player themselves to farm easy especially since deeper you go stronger the mobs become which makes it a little frustrating annoying to get to 200.

Solution - 

You can reduce the exp requirements for each level until 200 to make it faster and  a little less frustrating. This will not hamper the game so much as the reduction is on early levels not maps or mobs. Bear in mind i am seeing some advertisements of Core on our voting partners which says instant level 200 i was asked this as well by 2 players who i was trying to help level. Also we got a long path ahead for endgame so a little early boost wont be that bad it will make the new players feel good about playing. A first impression is very important in order to retain players.

-  201- 210  Boy! Oh Boy!

This is where the game starts! The levelling is Grind-Core at its finest. am yet to see anyone beyond 208 and i think the server has been on for a month+ now! Which is good actually keeps people engaged parties made PVE content active the thought process behind it is Solid. However i do have suggestion for a different approach here which would be beneficial to the players and the server. 

Currently this is how the level up system works - 

201- 1B  exp needed

202- 2B 

203 - 3B

204 - 4B

205 - 5B

and am assuming it increases like this atleast till 210. ( i am only r 204 going to 205 currently so can only speculate beyond this  -  On a side note though am using 100% exp talis hence i reached this fast or else it would take you double the time.) 

Well the exp is slow but that's not the major problem.

The Issue is - 

1 - The maps to level are still Sacred claw and Mitera ( 175+ maps ) which contributes to even lower exp. The 190+ map Forgotten temple all monsters give less exp i.e at least half ( some even lower despite being white mobs) then compared to the previous two maps. Spiders( which is like the best mob to farm in forgotten temple ) are way too hard to tank even with a +9 set 170 lvl DN and a Seg healing you. And as such has rendered the map useless which in actuality should be the map to farm for 200+ lvls. As a result we are farming in maps not meant for us :) 

2 - Gear ( i am including gear here rather then make a separate section for it cause of its link to levelling in the pre-210 level stages )

Now the difference in options between the 170 lvl gear and 200-210 gear is significant cause from what i have seen they offer different options. Another issue is competitiveness and here is why.

200+ gear whether the 200-210 and the 230-240 gear have similar options when u make +12 so gear wise you are actually good right till your eligible for the legion set which will be the game changer cause it can go +13.

where as the 170 lvl gear you dont want to do that since the options are not as good as the 200-210 gear.

Solution - 

I would request you to scale the exp down for 200-210 level from - 

201 - 1B          

202 - 2B

203 - 3B

204 - 4B and so on

till 210 -10B 

You should Maybe Make it to - 

201 -1 B                       206 - 3.8B

202 - 1.5B                    207 -  4.5B

203 - 2B                       208 - 5.2B

204 - 2.6B                    209 - 6B

205 -3.2B                     210 -7B

and then continue with the 1B extra per level here is why!

Like mentioned above your 210 gear makes you competitive till 245+ This will promote a quicker growth for a competitive and PVP focused A9 which if i am to understand is your goal for this Server. While yes there will be slight differences of skill points and level stat points between 200-210 player and a 240 player but it will still be on a much better footing.

Apart from this new players want a set that they can reach and feel proud about it (the 170 level set is not that the 170 set is like a starter set). This is  a psychological need of a new player looking to be competitive and have fun as well since everyone plays a game for this particular reason. This will bolster the feel good factor of the server without affecting your content driven game. 

Another major issue it fixes is class change if i get tired of playing a particular class and want to try another in a  competitive setting or even for fun the current levelling structure makes it too tasking for me to even think about it since i have to redo ranks anyways and it wont be fun just to try exploring another class. Also if people make more classes to explore play or develop it will boost our market economy as it creates a demand for everything dils/argates/gear/feathers/dk coins etc so it will supplement our economy in the long run even if the player base is thin. With the current scenario even thinking of a 3rd class ( because of  the 2 client rule ) brings a headache, now i don't want u to change your 2 client rule policy cause of whatever reasons they might be.

Also do bear in mind with what i proposed its not like people will be gear ready in weeks this is just meeting the level requirement to wear gear making a full set will take more time anyways and even with the proposed changes levelling will still take you a month minimum just to be able to wear the gear. Also its more fun to make the gear after u reach its requirement cause it brings out a need to gear ASAP then compared to making it before you reach the level to wear it. and it keeps giving you goals in a respectable timeline , like first make new character then 200-210 then gear then 210-234 levelling then gear again.. then 245+ gear etc. 

GP/PP & Ranking

This section is the tried and tested A9 version which i don't think needs any changes! its quite nice to get PP from quests and GP from monsters gives a similar levelling experience. I have no issues with the current amount from mobs or quests etc.

my only request would be to have another Map like crespo abyss giving same amounts of drops GP/PP quest etc. Why because it brings a different environment while levelling different monsters to look at and a different view which is needed when grinding those long hours.

Good Job! Keep it up :) 

Gearing

Again my only issue with this is as mentioned in the end of the levelling section. Apart from that its fine there are a few balance issues but that is not covered under this section and that will take a little time to Adjust anyways. A3 style has proved solid over the years and as long as they fine-tune that to the A9 model i doubt there will be any issues.

Few things i disliked and that should be rectified ASAP.

First of all this is my personal opinion and i would just like for it to be there on the table.

- Gems

First of all Dshop has 15% elemental gems and 8% CD/Dmg/M.Damage gems which is too strong for our current player levels and gear they should not be launched in such an early phase as it brings about serious issues of balance.

Secondly earlier 14% gems dropped which atleast gave players that dont buy Dshop to atleast somewhat compete but that boss was said to be a problem and drop as removed which now makes newer players even more helpless against it. Also while u have kept the 14% in naruke our server does not have high argate drop rates or any argate dropping heaven like Ice of A3 and players cant even make +12/+13 gear since they are still new so to expect them to spend 3k gold argates (via narukes)  for 1 gem is NOT FEASIBLE! nay almost an impossibility.

Either remove all the high lvl gems go back to 11% or rectify the costs and drops to make it feasible. Personally i am of the opinion to just remove those super high level gems and if players bought for Dshop u have a  data  base just refund them the amount of Dshop used for gems.

- Rings 

The Current Ring scenario is also not that great. People abused the abyss issue and farmed themselves DN rings now with the change let us be straight up honest it is difficult to kill the last bosses unless ur a good geared pt in either the crespo dung or Tower last Boss ( i am told that tower boss last drops rings but even with a party 4-5 people we have not reached the end ) This makes a new player struggle even more. I would suggest that ring drops be made to all tower bosses or the different bosses in the game. KINDLY NOTE (Before u all go apeshit on me) That i want these rings to be NORMAL rings not magic/Noble/DN. It is simply to bridge the Gap that has already been created. while it will not fill it but it will at least bring some sort of competitiveness or PVE ease to the game. Serpents/Neptune/Oceanus/Dragon Eye/Calig/Vado mori etc etc etc But as Normal not magic/Noble/DN. 

The other option is to remove all the abused rings altogether! But that will create a lotta issues so its better that the earlier option is followed.

-Dils

Firstly i am not a supporter of a serverwide Dil increase formulae. However there is a disparity of the dil drop among certain maps. Sacred claw drops 20-50k which is the highest i have seen so far. while other maps like Mitera and Forgotten temple drop 15-20k.

What i would suggest here is to increase the dil in temple and Mitera not to same as sacred claw but from 15-20k make it 25-35k which makes the map not lagg so behind Sacred Claw and maintaining Sacred claw as the Map to farm and fight for because that is also needed. Currently the Disparity in the Dil drop rate is very high if that can be rectified it would soo much better.

Also i would request you to reduce fortify dil rates on +9/+10/+11 and increase it in +12/+13 to maintain balance. Why because the Highest Lvl gear should be made hard and get players to work hard for it but at the same time the +9/+10/+11 section should not be made so taxing that lower level players suffer! Currently 1.5/3/7m is a lot for the smaller players combined with the low dil drop in other farmable maps.

Another thing is the teleporter costs they are similar to A3 which is a High dil Drop rate server. I request you to reduce all teleport costs by 50% in the higher maps make them 200-500k like the Jerome Teleport in Ardeca where sacred claw is 200k and Mitera 300k compared to the Core teleport in Ardeca also have 1m as teleport cost for some maps is too high to even go once just to look around. Remember we have kept dil low to have value u cant just make NPC's take away tonnes of it in early stages. This is leading to a lack of dil for a decent market economy among newer/smaller players and High lvl players only want good stuff which low level players cant get easily which creates a further divide in the game economy.

With this i would like to conclude my review.

Please do Note i Like the New A9 and the thought process behind it! So i hope it goes really well in the future!

Also these are my personal opinions ur free to either support it or not but i would appreciate if you keep your replies in a civilised manner

Thank you and cheers!!

6 people like this

That's how feedback should be made.

6 hours ago, xRubyx said:

Hello all,

Today is my 6th day playing A9 but since i was writing a few reviews for work i decided to make my 1 Week Review of A9 as well.

First of all let me start off by appreciating the efforts of @Core-Master @DEV-Samurai @Head-GM-Waffle @GM-Inori @GM-LightSide and the entire staff team that has worked on A9. Guys for all our QQing and crying and complaining Most of us still love Core and despite our differences in thoughts/opinions we only wish for an enthusiastic and fun-filled future ahead so keep up your efforts and Hard-work.

Now lets get down to business! 

First of all i like the new A9 let me be clear on that! The idea behind this type of content is good the execution well its still on testing stages so i would not like to pass on a verdict yet but it could be made better.

Now lets start after you make a new character! The core beginner package is solid along with the early levelling rewards. We have an awesome early game levelling guide by @Delir1c. if your a new player you should definitely head to the guide section and check it out.

Levelling

-> Now that we have made our char its time to look at the levelling function. 

- 1-131 is a breeze no issues whatsoever easy peazy.

- 131-200 i found some issues. 

Issue - 

The problem with 131-200 is the mobs become tougher but your still a little weaker also there is not a high influx of new players so Dead front until 201-230 is quite empty and difficult to find parties for. Apart from that sacred claw and a few other 160-170 maps are occupied by high level players(200+) who farm dil and their parties are mostly full along with Pk and the mos are too strong for a player themselves to farm easy especially since deeper you go stronger the mobs become which makes it a little frustrating annoying to get to 200.

Solution - 

You can reduce the exp requirements for each level until 200 to make it faster and  a little less frustrating. This will not hamper the game so much as the reduction is on early levels not maps or mobs. Bear in mind i am seeing some advertisements of Core on our voting partners which says instant level 200 i was asked this as well by 2 players who i was trying to help level. Also we got a long path ahead for endgame so a little early boost wont be that bad it will make the new players feel good about playing. A first impression is very important in order to retain players.

-  201- 210  Boy! Oh Boy!

This is where the game starts! The levelling is Grind-Core at its finest. am yet to see anyone beyond 208 and i think the server has been on for a month+ now! Which is good actually keeps people engaged parties made PVE content active the thought process behind it is Solid. However i do have suggestion for a different approach here which would be beneficial to the players and the server. 

Currently this is how the level up system works - 

201- 1B  exp needed

202- 2B 

203 - 3B

204 - 4B

205 - 5B

and am assuming it increases like this atleast till 210. ( i am only r 204 going to 205 currently so can only speculate beyond this  -  On a side note though am using 100% exp talis hence i reached this fast or else it would take you double the time.) 

Well the exp is slow but that's not the major problem.

The Issue is - 

1 - The maps to level are still Sacred claw and Mitera ( 175+ maps ) which contributes to even lower exp. The 190+ map Forgotten temple all monsters give less exp i.e at least half ( some even lower despite being white mobs) then compared to the previous two maps. Spiders( which is like the best mob to farm in forgotten temple ) are way too hard to tank even with a +9 set 170 lvl DN and a Seg healing you. And as such has rendered the map useless which in actuality should be the map to farm for 200+ lvls. As a result we are farming in maps not meant for us :) 

2 - Gear ( i am including gear here rather then make a separate section for it cause of its link to levelling in the pre-210 level stages )

Now the difference in options between the 170 lvl gear and 200-210 gear is significant cause from what i have seen they offer different options. Another issue is competitiveness and here is why.

200+ gear whether the 200-210 and the 230-240 gear have similar options when u make +12 so gear wise you are actually good right till your eligible for the legion set which will be the game changer cause it can go +13.

where as the 170 lvl gear you dont want to do that since the options are not as good as the 200-210 gear.

Solution - 

I would request you to scale the exp down for 200-210 level from - 

201 - 1B          

202 - 2B

203 - 3B

204 - 4B and so on

till 210 -10B 

You should Maybe Make it to - 

201 -1 B                       206 - 3.8B

202 - 1.5B                    207 -  4.5B

203 - 2B                       208 - 5.2B

204 - 2.6B                    209 - 6B

205 -3.2B                     210 -7B

and then continue with the 1B extra per level here is why!

Like mentioned above your 210 gear makes you competitive till 245+ This will promote a quicker growth for a competitive and PVP focused A9 which if i am to understand is your goal for this Server. While yes there will be slight differences of skill points and level stat points between 200-210 player and a 240 player but it will still be on a much better footing.

Apart from this new players want a set that they can reach and feel proud about it (the 170 level set is not that the 170 set is like a starter set). This is  a psychological need of a new player looking to be competitive and have fun as well since everyone plays a game for this particular reason. This will bolster the feel good factor of the server without affecting your content driven game. 

Another major issue it fixes is class change if i get tired of playing a particular class and want to try another in a  competitive setting or even for fun the current levelling structure makes it too tasking for me to even think about it since i have to redo ranks anyways and it wont be fun just to try exploring another class. Also if people make more classes to explore play or develop it will boost our market economy as it creates a demand for everything dils/argates/gear/feathers/dk coins etc so it will supplement our economy in the long run even if the player base is thin. With the current scenario even thinking of a 3rd class ( because of  the 2 client rule ) brings a headache, now i don't want u to change your 2 client rule policy cause of whatever reasons they might be.

Also do bear in mind with what i proposed its not like people will be gear ready in weeks this is just meeting the level requirement to wear gear making a full set will take more time anyways and even with the proposed changes levelling will still take you a month minimum. Also its more fun to make the gear after u reach its requirement cause it brings out a need to gear ASAP then compared to making it before you reach the level to wear it. and it keeps giving you goals in a respectable timeline , like first make new character then 200-210 then gear then 210-234 levelling then gear again.. then 245+ gear etc. 

GP/PP & Ranking

This section is the tried and tested A9 version which i don't think needs any changes! its quite nice to get PP from quests and GP from monsters gives a similar levelling experience. I have no issues with the current amount from mobs or quests etc.

my only request would be to have another Map like crespo abyss giving same amounts of drops GP/PP quest etc. Why because it brings a different environment while levelling different monsters to look at and a different view which is needed when grinding those long hours.

Good Job! Keep it up :) 

Gearing

Again my only issue with this is as mentioned in the end of the levelling section. Apart from that its fine there are a few balance issues but that is not covered under this section and that will take a little time to Adjust anyways. A3 style has proved solid over the years and as long as they fine-tune that to the A9 model i doubt there will be any issues.

Few things i disliked and that should be rectified ASAP.

First of all this is my personal opinion and i would just like for it to be there on the table.

- Gems

First of all Dshop has 15% elemental gems and 8% CD/Dmg/M.Damage gems which is too strong for our current player levels and gear they should not be launched in such an early phase as it brings about serious issues of balance.

Secondly earlier 14% gems dropped which atleast gave players that dont buy Dshop to atleast somewhat compete but that boss was said to be a problem and drop as removed which now makes newer players even more helpless against it. Also while u have kept the 14% in naruke our server does not have high argate drop rates or any argate dropping heaven like Ice of A3 and players cant even make +12/+13 gear since they are still new so to expect them to spend 3k gold argates (via narukes)  for 1 gem is NOT FEASIBLE! nay almost an impossibility.

Either remove all the high lvl gems go back to 11% or rectify the costs and drops to make it feasible. Personally i am of the opinion to just remove those super high level gems and if players bought for Dshop u have a  data  base just refund them the amount.

- Rings 

The Current Ring scenario is also not that great. People abused the abyss issue and farmed themselves DN rings now with the change let us be straight up honest it is difficult to kill the last bosses unless ur a good geared pt in either the crespo dung or Tower last Boss ( i am told that tower boss last drops rings but even with a party 4-5 people we have not reached the end ) This makes a new player struggle even more. I would suggest that ring drops be made to all tower bosses or the different bosses in the game. KINDLY NOTE (Before u all go apeshit on me) That i want these rings to be NORMAL rings not magic/Noble/DN. It is simply to bridge the Gap that has already been created. while it will not fill it but it will at least bring some sort of competitiveness or PVE ease to the game. Serpents/Neptune/Oceanus/Dragon Eye/Calig/Vado mori etc etc etc But as Normal not magic/Noble/DN. 

The other option is to remove all the abused rings altogether! But that will create a lotta issues so its better that the earlier option is followed.

-Dils

Firstly i am not a supporter of a serverwide Dil increase formulae. However there is a disparity of the dil drop among certain maps. Sacred claw drops 20-50k which is the highest i have seen so far. while other maps like Mitera and Forgotten temple drop 15-20k.

What i would suggest here is to increase the dil in temple and Mitera not to same as sacred claw but from 15-20k make it 25-35k which makes the map not lagg so behind Sacred Claw and maintaining Sacred claw as the Map to farm and fight for because that is also needed. Currently the Disparity in the Dil drop rate is very high if that can be rectified it would soo much better.

Also i would request you to reduce fortify dil rates on +9/+10/+11 and increase it in +12/+13 to maintain balance. Why because the Highest Lvl gear should be made hard and get players to work hard for it but at the same time the +9/+10/+11 section should not be made so taxing that lower level players suffer! Currently 1.5/3/7m is a lot for the smaller players combined with the low dil drop in other farmable maps.

Another thing is the teleporter costs they are similar to A3 which is a High dil Drop rate server. I request you to reduce all teleport costs by 50% in the higher maps make them 200-500k like the Jerome Teleport in Ardeca where sacred claw is 200k and Mitera 300k compared to the Core teleport in Ardeca also have 1m as teleport cost for some maps is too high to even go once just to look around. Remember we have kept dil low to have value u cant just make NPC's take away tonnes of it in early stages. This is leading to a lack of dil for a decent market economy among newer/smaller players and High lvl players only want good stuff which low level players cant get easily which creates a further divide in the game economy.

With this i would like to conclude my review.

Please do Note i Like the New A9 and the thought process behind it! So i hope it goes really well in the future!

Also these are my personal opinions ur free to either support it or not but i would appreciate if you keep your replies in a civilised manner

Thank you and cheers!!

+1

the early the better and 1 thing all you do is complain 

We're working on implementing few new things soon.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead