Welcome to Core Games Network: Dekaron Community
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scribbler

The need to balance magic and physical classes

10 posts in this topic

I am not sure if the community feels the same way I do, but I think this is an issue that needs addressing.

Possible problems:

1. Magic classes (mage, black wizard, seguriper, segnale) seem to deal more raw damage than physical classes ever will be.   I did some test myself and found out that all my magic class characters with crap gear and rings would always outdamage my main physical class with full gear on training statues/mobs.  I am not sure if it has something to do with each class' skill damage modifier or simply that the training statues/mobs don't have magic resistance.  I've had some pvp with magic classes and seen some as well with similar finding - magic classes easily outdamage physical classes.
  2. Magic classes' debuff shaves a significant portion of opponent's resistance enabling them to deal even more damage.  I tried to pvp practice with my seg wearing full curse resist.  I had a total of around 130% curse resistance which when hit by seg debuffs goes down to around 30%, which means a significant damage boost for the magic attacker.  Mage's spoiled divinity/transfer lightning debuffs to -45% lightning resist, wizard's weakness dark resist debuffs to -10% all resistance, and segu's debuff works in the same way as seg's with curse resist falling below 50%.  Armor breaker (equivalent of elemental debuff for physical classes) doesn't have an effect as potent as above stated.
  3. Current AMR gems seems to be broken/resistance caps at 75%.  I have no proof here but seeing as how magic class easily outdamages physical classes even with basic gear, I am inclined to believe that there must be something wrong with it.

Possible solutions:

1.  Increase elemental resistance cap to 85%.
  2. Recalibrate magic classes' damage or skill damage modifier.
  3. Check AMR gems and resistance values for possible errors if any.
  4. Increase cooldown of elemental skill debuffs or same cooldown but lessen the amount of resistance decreased.
  5. Employ variables like crit resistance/pk and pvp resistance.  This is quite unlikely since we are working with A6 files but who knows.

I hope @DEV-Samurai would take time to check it out.

To my fellow players, any thoughts or reactions?  I am eager to read them.  Cheers!

1 person likes this

Element and magic dmge are different. 

Seg, segu = curse damager. Their decrease curse resistant ARE the real OP.

+ OP gems +14% element damage. = more dmge. 

You can see at cvc the difference. 

Seg fight has low dmge. Because they use all buffs + curse helm =  high AMR. With their decrease curse they still got cap 75%. 

Segu fight, you can see those rhombus user lose to curse users. 

Segu Diskalo is the real OP. Your curse resist will down to 0%. 

Wizz, Mage are Magic damage. 

And magic damage are OP. 

For me the solution is rework the buffs, some items (ex. Pants has high pr) , make cap PR 50%. 

I see, so if elemental damage are defended with element resistance, how can you defend against magic damage?  A9 has a stat called magic resistance/defense or something, but we don't have that on a6.

Wizz is fire elemental (actually dark as well but no dark element on a6) plus magical and so is mage (lightning, fire, cold + magical), maybe that's why these classes can hit really hard even without trying.

Agree with the proposed solution as well, anything to improve balance issues on a6.

i just play back in the game weeks ago  . doing some pks  pvps  but guess what? some class are not balance at all .specially bagi / mage / segnale  .. dunno why dev sam doing nothin about it . they can damage you about 20k+ in full buffs while you can hit him only 9k-10k rofl .

mamba out 

This topic is useless cuz it points out the strong sides of magic chars on full buffs which is bias. Where do you fight on full buffs that much ? There are rarely any pks on this dead server also most people do their bets on class nowdays. Why you dont talk about vs and cs monstrous dmg and def + pk/pvp dmg resistance from pets which make them take so much less dmg.. Cs and vs do 20k+ easily and take under 10.Ak is the same . Bagi does 30k dmg. Hunter has insane number of hits. Every char has strong and weak sides. Bw takes 22k+ dmg from all physical characters and mage takes 16-17 . Segnale and segu have paper def under 10k so as it seems you just cant accept you don't know how to fight those characters and want dev to do something about the fact u suck. Learn to play and u won't complain that much <3

23 hours ago, KingBread said:

i just play back in the game weeks ago  . doing some pks  pvps  but guess what? some class are not balance at all .specially bagi / mage / segnale  .. dunno why dev sam doing nothin about it . they can damage you about 20k+ in full buffs while you can hit him only 9k-10k rofl .

mamba out 

Agreed, I hope Dev can find the time to check on this.

21 hours ago, {KING}Shinji said:

This topic is useless cuz it points out the strong sides of magic chars on full buffs which is bias. Where do you fight on full buffs that much ? There are rarely any pks on this dead server also most people do their bets on class nowdays. Why you dont talk about vs and cs monstrous dmg and def + pk/pvp dmg resistance from pets which make them take so much less dmg.. Cs and vs do 20k+ easily and take under 10.Ak is the same . Bagi does 30k dmg. Hunter has insane number of hits. Every char has strong and weak sides. Bw takes 22k+ dmg from all physical characters and mage takes 16-17 . Segnale and segu have paper def under 10k so as it seems you just cant accept you don't know how to fight those characters and want dev to do something about the fact u suck. Learn to play and u won't complain that much <3

funny you didnt see it clearly dude , so many people complaining it yet you still bark like pretending you dont know it . i will let you borrow my gears ( physical ) or u dont need it anymore i guess because u have it .then you go pvp mage bagi choose one of those .class or full buffs .result will be the same . then come back here use your keyboard and talk to me if its the same .

i win them without a problem so ill say the same learn to counter classes. Bagi i win it easy with hunter/mage/bw/ak/cs/vs/alo if you ask with what class. Mage is easy to defeat too with most of the classes. Now u are just writing all this because you couldnt scratch my mage in ice and you feel trash :/

@{KING}ShinjiThis ser way tooo pro no one can handle dat op tits ! 

Without joke, core is fcked up the server ballance when put in dragon knight, remember the time when a +10 dk fck every champ with +13 op gears. :D

Also i can explain here many times when one kind of char own all others so... 

i dont think so complaining help on dat server, but some suggestion maybe, if Core staff accept n listen the experienced players O.o ?!

But this is my opinion only :C more power for core ! :D

2 people like this

On 8.1.2020 at 2:04 PM, Scribbler said:

I am not sure if the community feels the same way I do, but I think this is an issue that needs addressing.

Possible problems:

1. Magic classes (mage, black wizard, seguriper, segnale) seem to deal more raw damage than physical classes ever will be.   I did some test myself and found out that all my magic class characters with crap gear and rings would always outdamage my main physical class with full gear on training statues/mobs.  I am not sure if it has something to do with each class' skill damage modifier or simply that the training statues/mobs don't have magic resistance.  I've had some pvp with magic classes and seen some as well with similar finding - magic classes easily outdamage physical classes.
  2. Magic classes' debuff shaves a significant portion of opponent's resistance enabling them to deal even more damage.  I tried to pvp practice with my seg wearing full curse resist.  I had a total of around 130% curse resistance which when hit by seg debuffs goes down to around 30%, which means a significant damage boost for the magic attacker.  Mage's spoiled divinity/transfer lightning debuffs to -45% lightning resist, wizard's weakness dark resist debuffs to -10% all resistance, and segu's debuff works in the same way as seg's with curse resist falling below 50%.  Armor breaker (equivalent of elemental debuff for physical classes) doesn't have an effect as potent as above stated.
  3. Current AMR gems seems to be broken/resistance caps at 75%.  I have no proof here but seeing as how magic class easily outdamages physical classes even with basic gear, I am inclined to believe that there must be something wrong with it.

Possible solutions:

1.  Increase elemental resistance cap to 85%.
  2. Recalibrate magic classes' damage or skill damage modifier.
  3. Check AMR gems and resistance values for possible errors if any.
  4. Increase cooldown of elemental skill debuffs or same cooldown but lessen the amount of resistance decreased.
  5. Employ variables like crit resistance/pk and pvp resistance.  This is quite unlikely since we are working with A6 files but who knows.

I hope @DEV-Samurai would take time to check it out.

To my fellow players, any thoughts or reactions?  I am eager to read them.  Cheers!

I can agree (and i suggested it to samurai maybe half year ago but he didnt really care) about increase the max resistance, 85% is even still low, I suggested increase it to 100% but also increase the 10% amr gems to 15%.

wizz isnt broken he just op at full buffs pvp (same as mage)
segu and seg isnt broken on class/full buffs they are balanced

if you talk about broken classes at class pvp its: HB , Bagi, Mage

But its just talks after all.. you can notice by the released patches that they focus at PVE patches nothing about PVP

@LioNSouL Btw ancy, Core balance was still on edge when they released DK, its fucked up when they released a6

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0